Wednesday, October 29, 2008

9 minute dreams

Apparently, my alarm clock has a strange feature on it. There is a little trap door at the top in which is housed a tiny white flag. I awoke the other morning to my cell phone alarm to see it waving at me. Well...maybe it was just one of those 9 min dreams that I have so many of. When you are waiting on Rebecca to get up, you get to have alot of those 9 minute sleep sessions. It is pretty amazing what your mind can conjure up in 9 minutes when you are holding on to that last little bit of sleep.

So, I started thinking about words that I could look up in the concordance of my study bible. One word and set of verses lead to another and I came up with idea of the alarm clock as a sounding trumpet. It also fit considering the poor thing had to wave a surrender flag it was put on snooze so many times. Anyways, I enjoyed reading Psalm 98, specifically 4-6. 4 "Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth; Break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises. 5 Sing to the LORD with the harp, With the harp and the sound of a psalm. 6 With trumpets and the sound of a horn; Shout joyfully before the LORD, the King." I am not necessarily saying that you need to get up tomorrow and shout. You might start quite the commotion in the household. However, God is Savior, King, and a righteous Judge. So the next time you hit the snooze start your day with rejoicing and praise to the LORD, for He is faithful and merciful.

1 comments:

Jessie said...

Good study! Poor alarm clock...